Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blue & Gold


Scotch. I love the smell. I love the taste. I even love its eighties sound. But in New York City if you want to go out for a glass of good scotch you have to assume you're going to drop an Andrew Jackson or two. Not so at the Blue & Gold Tavern (79 E. 7th St). For $4 you can take your pick of Laphroaig, Macallan, or any of the greats. $4! At these prices anyone can afford to get drunk.

Yes I admit this is a dive bar. Sorry cast of Gossip Girl it is not your scene. The clientele can be a bit iffy at times. On the plus side there's a pool table, a decent juke box, and shot and beer specials such as the Dirty Hipster (Jager and PBR). I can drink and make fun of hipsters at the same time? That is oh so good.

You get four stars Blue & Gold. I will see you tonight. I'll be the guy drinking your cheap beautiful scotch by the jukebox getting hustled at pool by the drunk cat and playing Hanson's "Mmmbop" on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter