Friday, April 16, 2010

NPR Reports: Hipsters suck, Williamsburg lame

Yeah, my household is me, this girl I just met, my brother Tree here, an iPad, and twenty Smith albums.

NPR has noticed what NYiR reported a long time ago: hipsters in Williamsburg are lame.

The abstract from the NPR article:

Many New York City residents aren't returning their census forms. The return rate is only around 50 percent, but the lowest rate of return (around 30 percent) is the hipster enclave of Williamsburg, Brooklyn. These young, recent graduates with ironic mustaches and plaid shirts are apparently too busy tweeting to fill out a simple census form.

My fav part is when one hipster was asked what he thought would increase the return rate and replied, "I mean people would do it if they got like five bucks." He then went on to say that he could totally score two Sparks for that much and high-fived his friend who tweeted "NPR u r so 2009."

For the ever-funny SNL census skit click here.

photo courtesy of latfh.com

1 comment:

  1. One of the reasons why I like visiting your blog so much is because it has become a daily reference I can use in order to learn new nice stuff. It's like a curiosities box that surprises you over and over again.

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter